Ever feel like you overindulged in high carb meals so you look for recipes that are healthy but still fulfilling? If so, this recipe is for you! This low carb fresh green pasta is made from zucchini noodles and is rich in greek flavors. You can stick to the original recipe and use a combination of "real" pasta with zucchini pasta, or use only zucchini for a healthier version. You can also easily adapt it to be vegan, skip the halloumi cheese and substitute it with roasted herb chickpeas! It'll be just as good!
- 1/2 pound spaghetti or use gluten-free if needed OR more zucchini "noodles"
- 2-3 zucchini spiralized using a veggie spiralizer*
- 1/4 cup tahini sesame seed paste
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 of an avocado or 1 small avocado
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons roasted pistachios
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 1 jalapeno seeded
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan or 1/4 cup nutritional yeast if vegan
- salt + pepper to taste
- 8 ounces halloumi cheese sliced (omit if vegan)
- 1/4 cup toasted pistachios + sesame seed
*If you do not have a spiralizer just thinly slice the zucchini into matchsticks.
* Recipe and photos by @halfbakedharvest